31 Days to Stress-Free Entertaining!

During the month of October 2010 I participated in a series, inspired by The Nester and a group of very talented ladies, as we posted for 31 days straight on different subjects.

My posts were written about Stress-Free Entertaining …

Day 1. Why Entertain: The People
Day 2. Perfectionism: Learn More About Yourself
Day 3. Mistakes Happen: Think up Plan B
Day 4. Inviting: Is it Really an Art?
Day 5. Actual Invite: How Do You Do It?
Day 6. Help: They Won’t RSVP!
Day 7. The Dinner: Theme or No Theme?
Day 8. The Menu: 3×5 Card System
Day 9. The Menu: What’s in Season and Bush’s Beans Peach Pear Salsa
Day 10. Space: Even a Cardboard Table will Work
Day 11. Stress-Free Entertaining: Forget It! We have Kids!
Day 12. Money-Honey: I Don’t Have the Stuff
Day 13. My Ten Commandments: Print, Use, Share, Love
Day 14. Flowers and Weeds: Lovely Work of Art
Day 15. Last Minute: Paper Napkins Work
Day 16. Shop, Make a List: Learn to Improvise
Day 17. Shop: Farmer’s Market
Day 18. Pantries & Aprons: Organized and Useful
Day 19. Scope out the House: Are You Over-the-Top?
Day 20. The Day of the Party: Don’t Hate This Day!
Day 21. Cancelations: They Will Happen!
Day 22. KISS: Setting the Table
Day 23. Prepping in the Kitchen: Planning Ahead
Day 24. Getting Yourself Ready: Don’t Look Frumpy!
Day 25. Greet at the Door: Smile Even if you Do Not Feel Like It!
Day 26. Serve the Food: Learn to be Creative
Day 27. The Conversation: Sweet and Savory
Day 28. Sit Back: Enjoy and Relax
Day 29. During or After the Party: Who Cleans Up?
Day 30. The Day is Over: “Come Back When You Can’t Stay as Long!”
Day 31. Stress-Free Entertaining: A Grace-Filled Ending!

Here are my friends who also participated in this 31-Day Series.

31 Days to a Less Messy Nest – Nester, Nesting Place
31 Days to Grace – Emily, Chatting at the Sky
31 Days to More with Less – Jen, Balancing Bedlam and Beauty
31 Days to a Better Photo – Darcy, My 3 Boybarians
31 Days of Autumn Bliss – Melissa, The Inspired Room
31 Days of Living Simply – Emily, Remodeling this Life
31 Days to an Inspired Table – Kendra, My First Kitchen

(These posts and ideas are snippets found in my new book, The Reluctant Entertainer, and you can read more about the book, here. It’s full of savvy ideas and practical advice for anyone wanting to learn more about the art of hospitality!)

45 Responses to “31 Days to Stress-Free Entertaining!”

Lynn from For Love or Funny — August 27, 2010 @ 3:38 am

WOW! All of these 31 Day Series sound wonderful! Looking forward to reading them all!

Emily@remodelingthislife — August 27, 2010 @ 3:56 am

So excited to be doing this with you, Sandy!!

xoxo
    Em

emily freeman — August 27, 2010 @ 4:28 am

Yay! I can’t wait for 31 Days of Stress-Free entertaining. I am already in love with your voice and heart through your real life self and your book self. Look forward to 31 Days worth of yourself :)

Christy — August 27, 2010 @ 5:19 am

What a great idea with great topics and writers!!!!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart — August 27, 2010 @ 5:22 am

I can see that I’m going to be busy in October reading everything. LOL! Can’t wait.

TidyMom — August 27, 2010 @ 6:08 am

This sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun!! What an awesome group of ladies!

Tickled Red — August 27, 2010 @ 7:23 am

This sounds like so much fun. I can’t wait to read all of the different posts and see what you ladies come up with :)

Kirstin — August 27, 2010 @ 7:32 am

I’m so excited. This is going to be awesome!!! I was reading through topics and they all sound great!

LoveFeast Table — August 27, 2010 @ 7:56 am

We love the new look!! We love the 31 days…hmmm…we’ll percolate on it and we were THRILLED to find your book arrived in our mail!! We can’t wait to pour over every tid-bit, savor every bite and implement all the new little gems we take away!
    Hospitality is a true art…you represent it well!
    At the Table,
    Chris Ann and Kristin

designer — August 27, 2010 @ 10:04 am

As a true reluctant entertainer, I always look forward to your tidbits. I’ve already learned alot – like hanging tablecloths, using stuff from the yard for a beautiful centerpiece, etc. Little hints of Sandy have already worked their way into my home.

I cannot wait for your tips, and do have this fun blog party with you.

xo
    Darcy

Kim — August 27, 2010 @ 11:48 am

LOVING your book and thinking it will make a great gift for my ‘reluctant’ friends. Can’t wait to follow along in October!!!

katherine — August 27, 2010 @ 12:05 pm

Look forward to October!! I bought your book and I love it…thanks for all your inspiration…blessings, kathy

Kendra @ My First Kitchen — August 27, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

Look at your already offering a tip! I’m so glad we get another chance to rub blog elbows. I think you’re pretty slammin’.

Traci — August 27, 2010 @ 3:25 pm

I am very excited about this! You know I will be here to check out all the goodness!
    Blessings,
    Traci

craftydiva — August 27, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

Look amazing!

lisa pearson — August 27, 2010 @ 3:59 pm

What a great idea!!!! Can’t wait!

Connie — August 27, 2010 @ 5:54 pm

What a great idea!! I’m going to have lots of blog reading to do this month. How long does it take to get your book if we want it autographed? I ordered two online and was thinking they would be here by now.

Thanks, Connie

Debbie — August 27, 2010 @ 10:30 pm

I guess I know where I’ll be the month of October. I’m looking forward to your 31 days of blogging. And I’m looking forward to learning too.

Blessings and many thanks,
    Debbie

Donna — August 28, 2010 @ 5:48 am

This sounds great. October is a great month to launch this project. It gives us plenty of time before the holidays to get inspired. Thank you for doing this project.

Glenda Childers — August 28, 2010 @ 11:14 am

I just joined your site and am looking forward to your 31 day series. Can’t wait for October.

fondly,
    Glenda

Wenderly — August 28, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

I love Fall, love the holidays and LOVE this idea! Can’t wait for all the fun!

Pinky — August 28, 2010 @ 8:00 pm

This sounds SO exciting! I can’t wait!!! XO, Pinky

Denise@ DensDailyLife — August 29, 2010 @ 7:12 am

This sounds awesome Sandy, I can’t wait to check in each day with you. October is my birthday month, so this will be a little daily treat for me for sure:-) The other ladies posts look like they will be wonderful too.
    Have a blessed Sunday.

affordable appliance repair houston — January 24, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?
    If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any assistance is very much appreciated.

1. Pingback: Fill in the blanks: I want to learn ______ about Photography.

2. Pingback: Tiny Tomatoes: The Quickest Sweet, Savory Salsa! — Reluctant Entertainer

3. Pingback: Roasting Sweet Corn: Lime+Chili Powder+Salt — Reluctant Entertainer

4. Pingback: 31 Days to Savor a Beautiful Life | LoveFeast Table

5. Pingback: Sweet Potato Comfort: It’s Good Enough for Company! — Reluctant Entertainer

6. Pingback: Day 1. Why Entertain: The People — Reluctant Entertainer

7. Pingback: Day 25. Greet at the Door: Smile Even if You Do Not Feel Like It! — Reluctant Entertainer

8. Pingback: Day 26. Serve the Food: Learn to be Creative! — Reluctant Entertainer

9. Pingback: Day 30. The Dinner is Over: “Come Back When You Can’t Stay as Long!” — Reluctant Entertainer

10. Pingback: Day 31. Stress-Free Entertaining: A Grace-Filled Ending — Reluctant Entertainer

11. Pingback: November is Gratitude: But I Hate Making Pie Crusts! — Reluctant Entertainer

12. Pingback: How Do You Get People to Commit: Save the Date! — Reluctant Entertainer

13. Pingback: How to get people to commit to your holiday party – Oregon Women’s Report

14. Pingback: Simple Organized Thanksgiving! « Simple Organized Living

15. Pingback: I’m A Reluctant Entertainer

16. Pingback: The Motherload » Amy’s Notebook 12.22.10

17. Pingback: How to Serve a Relaxed Easter Buffet — Reluctant Entertainer

18. Pingback: Around the House in Preparation for 31 Days in October - Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

19. Pingback: I'm Joining in on 31 Days of Change :: Putting God First Place

20. Pingback: Secret Ingredient to Warmer Connections - Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

21. Pingback: Holiday Potluck Planning Tips - Meal Planning Magic