There really is a way to bring some wholeness and goodness to one of the most popular snacking occasions of the year – The Big Game- known in our household as Super Bowl Sunday, and that’s by creating a menu with less fat and great tasting recipes and tips!

Last week I shared my veggie platter with Swiss Cheese Onion Dip recipe, served with Pepperidge Farms Baked Naturals® Cracker Chips collection, that includes Simply Multi-Grain and Simply Cheddar varieties.

I believe guests really appreciate a healthy alternative to classic game-day recipes (the typical potato skins, delivered pizza, chicken wings, indulgent dips, etc.).

So today I’m sharing another recipe which would be perfect for a Game Day menu: Stuffed Endive with Walnuts and Honey Appetizers, served with a bowl of Pepperidge Farms Baked Naturals® Cracker Chips. (Recipe below, inspired by my friend, Kristin, I used pecans instead of walnuts.) :)

Why serve Baked Naturals® Cracker Chips?

Because they are a unique snack that delivers wholesome goodness with a great tasting crunch, yet 50 percent less fat than the leading potato chip, the newest Cracker Chips flavors—Simply Potato and Cheddar & Sour Cream Potato—are an ideal alternative to potato chips (a hard-to-avoid snack… Until now!).

An alternative to potato chips? I’m so jazzed about this new, healthier product!

So what would my menu look like, if hosting a Super Bowl party?

First of all, I find that if everyone contributes, it’s really helpful. Being the hostess, of course I’ll fill in the gaps and make sure we have enough food, but delegation really helps take the pressure off of a reluctant entertainer. And also, we should focus a little on health and portion control (not always easy to do on rare, occasional celebrations).

Game Day Menu Ideas:
Smoked Turkey Mango Chili
Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins (She Wears Many Hats)
Spinach and Edamame Salad (Bev Cooks)
Pasta Salad Skewers (Cooking During Stolen Moments)
Healthy vegetable tray
Swiss Cheese Onion Dip
Classic Hummus
Many bags of Baked Natural Cracker Chips
Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms (Aggie’s Kitchen)
Endive Filled with Blue Cheese, Walnuts, and Honey (recipe below)
Desserts brought by other guests, although I will be making these yummy Lemon Meringue Bites!

Whether entertaining a starting line-up of close friends, or simply keeping your own “home team” satisfied throughout the game, we want to see how you plan to entertain as football season comes to a close!

Will you be delegating part of the menu for Super Bowl? And how will you add a “healthy spin” to your menu?

(I am being compensated by Pepperidge Farm® for my time and materials used in the Pepperidge Farm® Baked Naturals® Cracker Chips post.)

9 Responses to “Healthy Game Day with Pepperidge Farms and Stuffed Endive with Walnuts and Honey Appetizer”

Aggie — February 2, 2012 @ 5:02 am

This looks amazing Sandy!! I totally agree, people really do appreciate a healthier alternative when it comes to food at get togethers. Thanks for including my mushrooms!

Bev Weidner — February 2, 2012 @ 5:35 am

Thanks for including my salad, Sandy! Every single looks so good I might freak out right now.

Heather @ new house, new home, new life — February 2, 2012 @ 7:27 am

This looks like such a refreshing change to the usual heavy menu. I’ll do all the “cooking” on Sunday as it’s just the two of us snuggled up to watch the game.
    BTW – thanks for the tip on the printable recipes – done and working.

Becky — February 2, 2012 @ 8:36 am

Looks scrumptious; I just might make for a “wild game feast” this weekend. Although I can imagine using either would be fine, the pictures and actual recipe calls for pecans but the recipe title has walnuts in it. Could you please clarify which one is preferred? Thanks and I really enjoy your blog! You have made me a far less “reluctant entertainer”. :)

• Sandy replied: — February 2nd, 2012 @ 8:59 am

Hi, Becky. I added in that I used pecans. Nuts are so intermixable, so either work. I usually use what I have in the cupboard! Thank you!

Amy — February 2, 2012 @ 9:43 am

Great menu! I’m drooling for that stuffed endive…wonderful.

Hope y’all enjoy a day of family, friends and fun!

Mary — February 2, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

Hi Sandy,

Your appetizer looks luscious! And I love how it’s quite healthy – nuts, cheese, lettuce…perfect.

And yes, I’ll be delegating. I always do. It really makes all the difference. And the nice thing is that my friends and family always want to bring something to help out.

Oh my…portion control! You hit the nail on the head. And this is the time of year that all of us seem to be wanting to try and eat healthy and lose a few pounds. My husband and I …gasp…have actually been talking about joining a gym! So for our get-togethers, I’m putting out lots of fresh veggies – easy on the dip, along with a large Caesar salad to accompany our chili…but I’m going with chicken chili to lighten things up a bit.

Have a great day.

Love,
    Mary

PS Love the look of the snack crackers. I’ll have to check them out at the grocery store tonight.

sushi supplies for sale — April 30, 2013 @ 11:09 pm

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

1. Pingback: Stuffed Endive with Walnuts and Honey Recipe | reluctantentertainer … – Fine Food Recipes