Bringing Jezebel Cranberry Sauce as a Holiday Hostess Gift

When my blogging friend Lisa reminded me of this amazing, super-easy sauce to make, I decided to make up a large batch, store it in cute jars, and bring as hostess gifts to our holiday dinner engagements. (Double the recipe for 6 half-pint jars.)

It’s a perfect gift for this time of year, especially with the abundance of fresh cranberries!

The name is funny … who was Jezebel? A wicked biblical leader.

I can see why this sauce is named after her. It has a “kick” to it.

The cranberry sauce is good, stored in the fridge for 2 weeks, and it can be served many ways:

With turkey.
On bagels with cream cheese.
On panini sandwiches.
On cream cheese, as an appetizer.
Brie tartlettes.
Brie topped with brown sugar, hazelnuts, and the sauce on top.
Serve on roast chicken, pork, or lamb.
Pair with goat cheese and crackers.

The list goes on and on.

Even the picky eaters will find their favorite way to eat Jezebel Cranberry Sauce.

Enjoy!

I love to hear from readers so please come back and tell me if you made the sauce, and what you plan to do with it?

What’s you’re favorite way to serve cranberry sauce?

If this is too “hot” for you, try my Killer Cranberry Sauce (with orange zest).

8 Responses to “Bringing Jezebel Cranberry Sauce as a Holiday Hostess Gift”

Kim in MD — November 19, 2012 @ 5:55 am

I love cranberry sauce and this one looks so delicious with addition of the horseradish and the mustard! My favorite hostess gift is a nice bottle of wine or some home made candy or dessert. This would be a great hostess gift!

Deanna@onestepwoman — November 19, 2012 @ 8:23 am

Thanks for sharing the recipe! My husband loves cranberries so I will give this a try! Would be great on a cream cheese block with crackers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Barbara | Creative Culinary — November 19, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Now my idea of a Jezebel sauce might include booze but this works too! I live for the day after Thanksgiving and my favorite sandwich ever. Turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, sprouts and sunflower seeds. This would be great as the sauce!

Angie — November 19, 2012 @ 3:55 pm

This looks so delicious! What a great gift idea!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — November 19, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

My sister-in-law brought this to Thanksgiving dinner last year and it was fabulous. I love the idea of giving it as hostess gifts, so smart!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — November 20, 2012 @ 6:06 am

What a gorgeous cranberry sauce and wonderful thing to bring as a hostess gift. You are amazing, Sandy!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — November 20, 2012 @ 9:48 am

Oooo Sandy, love the idea of horseradish in cranberry sauce–that sounds amazing!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — November 21, 2012 @ 7:40 am

I LOVE this wickedness!! ;) Wow, what an awesome hostess gift!