Making a Primrose and Succulent Tabletop

I get giddy this time of year when I see a primrose plant. The colors are so vibrant!

You can buy a flat at Costco now for about $10. Best $10 spent because they can be used in so many ways!

To me, they’re the perfect “spring” flower that adds so much cheer and love to gardens, front porch pots, dining tables, living or family rooms, kitchen windows …

Or even a small gift.

On Valentine’s Day, I gathered a few primrose plants and went knocking on my neighbors’ doors.

All the widow-ladies got a little something to brighten their day. :)

I also have combined 4 primrose plants with 2 succulents to make a springy tabletop, which I’ve moved around in the house. For a while it was on my dining table, then it found its home in the sunshine out on our back patio. Then back inside again.

Following these easy instructions, when I made a Wheatgrass and Succulent tabletop, you can do the same with primroses:

-Add 2 succulents.

-4 primrose plants.

-Fill the outside of the tray with moss.

And BOOM! You have the most beautiful primrose and succulent tabletop!

Sometimes we just need a little inspiration to take fresh spring flowers and think outside of the box (other than planting them in pots) to create something new!

Happy Spring!

What’s your favorite tabletop to make during the month of February?

Come follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more inspiration!

12 Responses to “Making a Primrose and Succulent Tabletop”

Denise In Bloom — February 19, 2013 @ 8:52 am

I love this Sandy! I have never thought of combining those two together, but of course it looks wonderful. I am definitely going to do this. Don’t you just love the first signs of Spring? Yay!

Thanks for the great tip!

• Sandy replied: — February 19th, 2013 @ 2:25 pm

I’m so happy Spring is on its way, Denise! :)

Elen Grey — February 19, 2013 @ 12:13 pm

I’m with you on the primrose, Sandy. It’s usually the first spring plant around here. I put my basket up on Instagram – elengrey1. Here’s a link: http://instagram.com/p/Ug89bqyVft/ That’s one of my favorite baskets in one of my favorite spots by the napping couch.

I love what you did with the moss and succulents and must try that. I always get a happy when I come over here. Cheers!

Paula - bell'alimento — February 19, 2013 @ 6:29 pm

I adore succulents!

Shari Kelley — February 19, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

That is such a great idea to give flowers to the widows in your neighborhood on Valentine’s Day. So simple, yet I’m sure meant a great deal to them.

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — February 19, 2013 @ 7:22 pm

Oh Sandy, I’m terrible at doing centerpieces and table arrangements. Can I just pay you to make my table look pretty??

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — February 19, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

This is so pretty! I want to do more things like this, you have the best ideas!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — February 19, 2013 @ 7:58 pm

I so needed this bright and cheery post. It’s FREEZING and white and nasty windy here in MN today! And primroses always remind me of Grandma, and make me smile. Thanks. :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — February 20, 2013 @ 6:47 am

This is perfectly arranged. I love fresh flowers but I’m not the most creative at arranging them. You make it look easy, my friend!

Angie — February 20, 2013 @ 10:58 am

This is so pretty! I love it!

marly — February 23, 2013 @ 7:43 am

This would be a great idea for a place setting for our next family dinner. Love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

1. Pingback: Keeping Ribbon Stocked in the Kitchen for Crafts and Decor | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening