Serving an Assortment of Easter Desserts and Coconut-Key Lime Pie Recipe

Coconut Key-Lime Pie | Reluctant Entertainer

Easter desserts. They are so fresh and pretty, light and creamy–like the dessert I’m sharing today that has toasted shredded coconut on top. Yum. It’s Martha Stewart’s Coconut-Key Lime Pie.

Add lime flavoring to that combination and you will have HAPPY guests!

As we plan our Easter buffet each year, I love asking different guests what they’d like to bring? Jenny brought this dessert today, and I think it was gone as quickly as we cut into it. Everyone wanted a piece of this Coconut-Key Lime Pie!

Coconut Key-Lime Pie | Reluctant Entertainer

How to delegate Easter Brunch

1. Decide on the theme and the main dish you’ll be serving. Will it be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner? Will you be serving egg dishes, ham, or leg of lamb?
2. Decide what key items you want to make for the meal.
3. Write out a menu that includes a few “finger foods” for people to nosh on, and how many salads you think you’ll need? What about a potato dish? What goes with the main dish you are preparing?
4. Fill in the holes of the menu by delegating to your guests.
5. Make sure you have a variety of Easter desserts. Most guests love to try a little of each!

Coconut Key-Lime Pie | Reluctant Entertainer

Don’t you love #5?

I do think it’s true that when you’re hosting a larger group, your guests really appreciate a variety of desserts. A bite of this and a bite of that …

Our palettes change – we like the sour bite, and then the rich chocolate bite, and then salty, and sweet …

You know how it goes with desserts.

And I usually place the forks in a cup, in the center of the desserts!

What are your 2 favorite desserts to serve for Easter?

Coconut Key-Lime Pie | Reluctant Entertainer

More Easter Desserts:

Six-Layer Chocolate Cake with Toasted Marshmallow Filling & Malted Chocolate Frosting
Carrot Cake Cookies
Chocolate Easter Egg Mini Cakes
Strawberry Shortcakes
Very Berry Trifle
Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Raspberries
Mini Fruit Pizzas with Marshmallow Creme Frosting
Banana Carrot Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Rosemary Strawberry Shortcake
Fluffy Banana Cream Pie
Raspberry Ice Box Cake
Meyer Lemon Cheesecake Cake
Strawberry Cake

12 Responses to “Serving an Assortment of Easter Desserts and Coconut-Key Lime Pie Recipe”

Heather @ Heather's Dish — March 25, 2013 @ 5:47 am

Yes, I think #5 is probably the best rule for Easter entertaining! I love having a few bites of everything to really enjoy a well-rounded meal ;)

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — March 25, 2013 @ 10:02 am

Oooo, great minds think alike–I’ve got pie today too! Yours looks fabulous!

Laurie {SimplyScratch} — March 25, 2013 @ 10:35 am

You had me a coconut and key lime! This would be a perfect Easter dessert!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — March 26, 2013 @ 7:08 am

What a gorgeous pie! I like to make mini desserts making it easier to try them all!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — March 26, 2013 @ 7:22 pm

I’m completely with you on #5 – yes, give me LOTS of good stuff to try!! Although this pie sounds quite awesome all on its own… Happy Easter, my friend! xo

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — March 27, 2013 @ 6:15 am

Great tips!! And my mom and I are making a key lime pie this year. Maybe we’ll have to try your version with coconut! :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — March 27, 2013 @ 1:37 pm

Delegating is the only way we get to do Easter brunch because we spend a chunk of the day at church. I sure hope one of these is waiting for me this year.

Tara @ Unsophisticook — March 27, 2013 @ 8:05 pm

Forget the finger foods, I’m going straight for the pie!

click here — April 4, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

hello there and thank you for your information – I have definitely
    picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few
    technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the website lots
    of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been
    wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining,
    but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your quality
    score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
    Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for
    much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update
    this again soon.

Roseanne — April 12, 2013 @ 6:46 pm

Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a
    twenty five foot drop, just so she can be
    a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

Antonio — April 17, 2013 @ 10:41 am

Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my website thus i
    got here to return the want?.I am trying to find issues to enhance my web
    site!I guess its adequate to use some of your ideas!
    !

Geoffrey — April 22, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just
    wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you
    prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?

I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.