How to Make Peach Cobbler with Raspberries

Peach Cobbler with Raspberries

When I was little, my mother taught us girls how to preserve the bounty of late summer and fall by canning and freezing. She was a farm girl who grew up working the orchards, later working at Harry & David, picking their Oregold® Peaches. What I love is that she was a girl who was taught the traditional ways of providing the best and freshest food for her family, later teaching my sisters and me the art of canning, and more importantly, how to make peach cobbler.

How to Make Peach Cobbler with Raspberries

Our home was nestled at the end of a dirt road next to an irrigation ditch, with a view of the beautiful Table Rocks, with a creek running down the side of our property.

Table Rock, Central Point, OR

Every summer you’d find my sisters and me out picking berries, large buckets of berries, and after many made their ways to our mouths, the rest were washed, canned, frozen, and put into cobblers and berry pie.

Our favorite: Cobbler served with homemade ice cream.

There was nothing like it.

Any cobbler is a favorite for me. There’s something about the crust, or the dough, with the sweet fruit.

And then the company that goes with it.

Which really makes dessert taste even better.

I recently made this cobbler for my sweet roommates when they came up for a weekend to visit our family in Oregon. (Here we are in the 80s in SF.)

80s in San Francisco

We served an alfresco meal (now 25 years later) under the hot southern Oregon summer skies.

80s

Served barbecued salmon with other side dishes, and crunchy bread.

Ending with peach and raspberry cobbler.

My mom’s simple cobbler recipe, that is pasted inside my kitchen cupboard for easy access. :)

Enjoy, my friends, and I’d love to remind you of the blessings of past friends and how important it is to keep those friendships alive!

They are sweet, like cobbler!

What’s your favorite fruit to add to a cobbler?

Peach Cobbler with Raspberries

Harry & David provided the Oregold® Peaches from their Fruit of the Month Club, but I was not paid to write this post.

15 Responses to “How to Make Peach Cobbler with Raspberries”

Maria — August 6, 2013 @ 6:26 am

I love fruit cobbler! This one looks perfect!

steph@stephsbitebybite — August 6, 2013 @ 6:47 am

I love that you added raspberries! Peach cobbler is one of my favorites!!

Tieghan — August 6, 2013 @ 6:47 am

So pretty!! I am just loving all the summer berries. Can’t get enough!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — August 6, 2013 @ 6:52 am

Looks delicious, Sandy – I love cobblers. I love all your words with this post, too. Thanks for the reminder, there’s a girlfriend I need to call! xo

sarah @makingitmyhome.blogspot.com — August 6, 2013 @ 7:05 am

Love that you still get together with your girlfriends! So sweet and wonderful. I just wrote something in my latest post about the importance of girlfriends.

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — August 6, 2013 @ 7:28 am

Pretty peach and raspberry cobbler of the cake-like kind, Sandy! I love fresh fruit cobblers of all kinds. Hey, I remember my Esprit sweatshirts! Seems like yesterday. You ladies look even prettier today. xo

Mary — August 6, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

Hi Sandy,

What a sweet post! This post where you have the picture of your friends, combined with the one I clicked on over to where you talk about your Dad’s wife, Ginny, brought tears to my eyes. Crazy – I know…we’re just talking about Peach Cobbler here!…but the way you tell the story about the cobbler was so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this lovely part of your life.

Hope you are having a great week. We are busily in the countdown to preparing for school starting on the 19th. I can’t believe it.

Love to you and your sweet family,
    Mary

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 6, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Great addition to peach cobbler! Must try this!!!

Laura — August 7, 2013 @ 9:40 am

Looks delicious! We’ve made blackberry cobbler for several years now after we found a place to pick them. We moved and I just picked up some peaches at a place near our new home – I’m making your recipe this week, but subbing blueberries for raspberries because that’s what I have. :) Thanks!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 7, 2013 @ 2:52 pm

Cobbler with homemade ice cream?! YES! I can’t think of anything better!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — August 7, 2013 @ 6:47 pm

There is absolutely nothing better than homemade cobbler! This looks delicious, Sandy!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — August 7, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

Yum! Love that you added raspberries – sounds SO good!

Shelly (Cookies and Cups) — August 9, 2013 @ 11:40 am

Can never get enough cobbler!

1. Pingback: Brown Butter Peach Milkshakes | the little kitchen

2. Pingback: Oregold Peach Quinoa Salad and Harry & David Orchard Tour | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening