DIY Granola Valentine’s Gift Idea from Monster Cakes
Make your own granola with this DIY Granola Valentine’s Gift Idea!
Happy month-0-love, friends! Jessica from Monster Cakes here to share a healthy DIY Valentine’s Day gift idea – Homemade Granola with “nutty” gift tags!
I love chocolate just like the next girl (probably more), but sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of sweets I receive on holidays like Valentine’s Day, especially after I just made a resolution to eat better the month before! So this Valentine idea is for all you health nuts, granola-fans, and people who just want to surprise their friends with something homemade this year.
Make your favorite homemade granola recipe (I included my personal recipe below, but I love Sandy’s quinoa granola too!).
Fill individual gift bags or jars with granola. If you plan on spreading the love to a lot of people, then use smaller bags or jars so you have enough granola to go around.
Decorate containers with fun Valentine’s Day cards / gift tags. I like incorporating the word “nutty” in my Valentine when gifting granola, so here are some silly ideas (click here to download a free printable of my “nutty” tags):
“I’m nutty about you!”
“I like you, you nut!”
“You drive me nutty!”
You can also write your granola recipe on the back of the card / tag to double the surprise.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s homemade gift to give instead of giving sweets?
Monster Cakes Granola Recipe
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 5 C old fashioned oats
- 1 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 1/2 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 C cashew pieces
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C pure maple syrup
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C oil
- 1/2 C dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees, and line 1-2 baking sheets with foil / parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl, leaving cranberries aside for later. Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread evently on baking sheet(s),and bake for 40 minutes, stir, and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and add cranberries once granola is cooled. Store in airtight container.