Scarecrow Cookies Bake Sale Treats!
These Scarecrow cookies are perfect for a bake sale. I think the original idea came from Family Fun Magazine, says Skip to My Lou’s Cindy Hopper! I’m so happy Cindy’s here today on RE sharing this fantastic idea – perfect for October and any upcoming parties!
I made sugar cookies on long 8″ sticks so I could stick them into a small hay bale I found at Hobby Lobby.
I thought it was a fun way to display the cookies so they could be sold individually.
This yummy sugar cookie recipe works great for these. I used store bought frosting in the tub this time, but oh they are so much better with the homemade frosting. This sugar cookie recipe makes a ton of dough and it freezes beautifully.
Do you have any fun, snacky, fall ideas?
Bake Sale Treats - Margaret's Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 1 hour in fridge
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 T cold milk + 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 cups flour
- Frosting: 2/3 cups Butter
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 lbs. Powder Sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix salt into flour. Add flour alternately with milk into batter.
- Divide dough and form into flat disks. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour. This dough freezes beautifully.
- Roll dough out 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Bake until edges are slightly golden.
- For the frosting, beat butter, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.
- The hat is made from sugar wafers, the band on hat and the smile are Twizzlers (pulled apart into individual pieces), the eyes are upside down chocolate chips, the nose is a candy corn and the hair is pieces picked from Kashi GOLEAN Cereal.
- I used Wilton 4 X 9 1/2 inch Party Bags for packaging.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!