Paula Deen’s Smashed Potato, Parsnips, and Rutabaga Recipe
Perfect for the holidays, try Paula Deen’s Smashed Potato, Parsnips, and Rutabaga recipe for a delicious, more unique, earthy flavor!
Are you a recipe follower, or can you think outside the box and make up your own recipes?
We recently pulled different varieties of potatoes from our garden and sometimes I get in a potato rut.
Our recipe last week: Pressure cooked potatoes with rosemary, sage, sour cream, salt and pepper, green onion, and yummy smoked paprika!
Potatoes have to be cooked just right for me to enjoy them, like with lots of different toppings, creamy, buttery … you know what I mean.
Real Simple’s new magazine that just came out has a list of 10 ways to cook mashed potatoes. Brilliant!
Just like I did with the appetizer ideas, I hung it inside my kitchen cupboard.
Easy, fast ideas. Perfect for leftover mashed potatoes, too.
We made up our own recipe over the weekend and served them for breakfast with scrambled eggs. Potato pancakes – oh, boy!
Basically you take your leftover potatoes and fry them up. It’s that easy.
Back by popular demand, and since November seems to be a “mashed potato” month, I’m sharing Paula Deen’s Smashed Potatoes, Parsnips and Rutabaga recipe.
I’d love to hear what you do with leftover potatoes?
Smashed Potato, Parsnips and Rutabaga
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Perfect for the holidays, try Paula Deen's Smashed Potato, Parsnips, and Rutabaga recipe for a delicious, more unique, earthy flavor!
- 8 cups quartered red potatoes
- 4 cups chopped and peeled parsnip
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, combine potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga, onion, and 2 tablespoons salt; add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well. Add remaining salt, cream cheese, butter, and a dash of pepper.
- Mash together.