Singing While Preparing Pistachio Lime Baked Salmon
This Pistachio Lime Baked Salmon recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for company!
One of the things I love to do when getting ready for a dinner party is to sing.
We have a cool little sound bar that sits on our piano, so all I have to do is turn on my favorite Pandora station or other playlists that we enjoy, hit the ‘music’ button on my iPhone, and then beautiful music fills our home.
Of course it’s great to clean the house and have music playing at the some time, and it’s even better if no one is home, because I can sing at the top of my lungs!
I like to sing music that has a purpose, if that makes sense, … music that actually inspires me to become a better person, or to love more. Something inspiring.
Music lifts the mood—even if I’m a little off key–but I just keep singing anyway. :)
I have a few friends who promised one another that the next time we’re all together, WE WILL SING. We will break into parts and sing to our heart’s content, maybe 3 or 4 or even 5-part harmonies! We’ll probably let our fearless leader start us off (will it be a musical, a love song, a hymn?). We were too shy when we spent this weekend together, for some strange reason (none of us are really shy!), so we’re going to make up for lost time next time we’re together. :)
Recently, getting ready for this party, I’m almost positive I had the music playing obnoxiously loud (I’ll have to ask my neighbors-they’ll be honest with me) while I was cleaning house. It’s fun getting ready for a party!
Okay, enough of the cleaning and singing and setting the table.
I’m always happier entertaining when I know I have a really good recipe to share!
These ladies raved over this delicious salmon recipe that I baked for them, as I told them how easy it was to make with only 5 easy ingredients!
Easter’s right around the corner, and this possibly could be your new go-to main course recipe if you’ll be serving salmon! I love the combination of lime and dill. Who would have thought?
The next time you have a dinner party, write me and tell me what Pandora station you’re listening to, and if singing made your day better?
Pistachio Lime Baked Salmon
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Easy entertaining recipe. Adapted from Taste of Home 5 Ingredient Recipes.
- 6 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 T. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Place the salmon in a 9x13 sprayed baking dish. (Usually I rinse the fillets first.)
- Pat salmon fillets with paper towel to remove any excess water.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon over the salmon.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Don't overcook the salmon. Use the back of a spatula to press down on the salmon to feel if it's cooked. If the spongy feeling is gone, and the salmon is firm, then it is cooked!
- Remove from the oven immediately and serve.