Sunny Side Up Egg Breakfast
This Sunny Side Up Egg Breakfast with spinach, peppers, and mushrooms, is a delicoius, healthy way to start off the morning!
I feel a chill in the air, as I slept in rather late one day this week, waking to a fire in our blue Vermont Castings stove, with a light fog outside. It’s September now, and gratitude, especially for the little things, is my daily theme.
It will be awhile before our family will enjoy a meal together, but I can’t help but think back to past years, the hustling school and soccer routines, late night dinners when everyone was home, and the practice of going around the table and sharing about our days. The good and the bad, but thankfulness always centered us.
The practice of focusing on the good, on the blessings in life, sort of balance out the bad. But we were very big on letting our kids speak, and vent, letting them know that they were heard, and we were there to help.
Sometimes we shared petty grievances, or we talked about the grim realities of what was happening in the world. But we always brought it back around to thankfulness, courage, and love.
As we say goodbye to the warm, long, and generous days of August, I love the new season in our home. We know there will be challenges when the snow hits the ground, but in the meantime, we are going to share our table with many, continue to open up our lives with love and gratitude, and enjoy sharing with others.
Abs at Crater Lake
My daughter took a recent trip to Crater Lake with her friend, Molly.
They camped and hiked. I love how our kids have a great respect and desire to be in the outdoors as much as they can.
Another thing that I love? When Abby’s friends come to visit, she makes really good food.
Sunny Side Up Egg Breakfast
This breakfast was a great way to start off the morning, with Sunny Side Up Eggs with Spinach, Peppers, and Mushrooms. Delicious!
Looking for more breakfast inspiration? Click, HERE. :)
Happy September, Friends!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 mini bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 large Portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Chop peppers and mushrooms into smaller pieces.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots; cook until lightly caramelized.
- Add the spinach, allowing it to reduce in size. Add the remaining produce.
- Once cooked, set aside and keep warm.
- In a sprayed or oiled pan, cook eggs sunny side up.
- Place egg on plate, adding the cooked mushroom, pepper, spinach mixture. Add sliced avocado and tomato.
- Garnish with fresh basil, and freshly cracked salt and pepper; serve!