Day 9. The Menu: What’s in Season & Bush’s Beans Peach Pear Salsa
Use what’s in season to make this delicious Bush’s Beans Peach Pear Salsa for easy summer entertaining–served as a dip or a salad!
Obviously planning a menu for a dinner party goes along with what food is in season. When I think about what dessert I want to make, I think about the season, fruit, what’s at the Farmer’s Market – or, if I can’t think of a dessert, then I delegate that to my guest and I move on with the menu.
Easy peasy. The menu should not cause you stress.
– Think about what’s in season
– Think about what’s in your freezer that you want to use up
– Think about your time frame and how long you have to cook for this party
– Think about 2 food items that you want to make, and then delegate the rest
The idea of what’s in season works well for the host. And it will work well for your guests when you ask them to bring a dish.
We should all share and take advantage of the bounty and the seasons before us, and come together with a fantastic menu and food to share with one another around the table. We have been blessed with so much.
Again, we need to take our eyes off of ourselves and “how our menu will look to others” and just enjoy.
I’d love to share with you my Bush’s Beans Peach Pear Salsa recipe, keeping the season in mind.
This makes a fantastic fresh appetizer for your guests!
Mix all ingredients together and serve!
Do you plan your menu out with the seasons in mind?
Bush's Beans Peach Pear Salsa
- 1 cup diced 1/2 in peeled firm-ripe peach
- 1 cup diced 1/2 in peeled firm-ripe pear
- 2-3 diced tomatoes
- 1 can Bush’s Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup mixed red yellow or orange peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small cucumber peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together and serve!