Swapping 9×13’s with Overnight Breakfast Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a great fall and holiday dish to make ahead of time, ready to bake early in the morning for guests!
It’s never too late to enjoy a relaxing vacation with your family or guests, even though Christmas is over! One way to serve breakfast is to make the always-popular Overnight Breakfast Casserole, which comes in so many varieties. I’ve posted several here on RE, one with Italian sausage, one in the slow-cooker, one with kale and sausage, and one with pears. Yes, sweet pears!
Another lovely way to think of others is to exchange a breakfast casserole with a friend, for either their own favorite recipe, or better yet, a pan of Cinnamon Rolls.
Our friends who own the brand new NW Raw, a 100% natural cold-pressed juice bar in Ashland, Oregon, make the best cinnamon rolls you’ll ever indulge in. They’re made with all organic ingredients, and topped with a salted-caramel frosting. No calories, right? Wrong. But seriously, if you’re going to take the plunge, they really have to be top notch. Gooey, flavorful, moist, and the kind that melt in your mouth.
I’m drooling as I type.
So my friend and I exchanged. One 9×13 for another. Breakfast casserole for a pan of cinnamon rolls, to enjoy with our families on Christmas morn! It could be an annual tradition or just an occasional, fun thing to do.
Then added all the other yummy ingredients, sealed with foil, and popped in the fridge overnight!
Baked in the morning, adding sour cream and Parmesan cheese right before serving.
It truly is a melt-in-your-mouth casserole.
One thing easy about overnight casseroles is that they are easy to double up and make 2 pans’ worth, for either a large breakfast party, or to share with another family!
Enjoy this scrumptious recipe today, and remember, it’s never too late to swap a 9×13 with a friend!
What’s your favorite variety of breakfast casserole? Do you use meat or make it vegetarian?
Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 loaf French bread, day old
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 whole green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Spray 9×13″ dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread pieces of French bread in dish and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with sausage, Swiss, and Cheddar cheeses. Mix eggs, milk, wine, green onions, mustard and pepper. Beat until foamy. Pour over casserole and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover and bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven. Spread with sour cream and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.