Vegetable Black Bean Chili
Don’t overcook; you want the veggies to be fresh and crunchy! Serve with warm bread.
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion diced (set aside 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 2 15 oz cans Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 2 15 0z cans diced tomatoes (or 3 cups of fresh)
- 2 cups fresh corn or frozen
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet; add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, celery, green pepper, and carrots. Saute 3 more minutes.
Add black beans, tomatoes, corn, and spices.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. If you want more liquid, use canned tomatoes (up to 3 cans, undrained) or add a little water.
Serve hot with fresh bread.
Put the sour cream, red onion, and cilantro in separate bowls and serve with the chili for a garnish.