Cheesy Italian Baked Cannelini Beans
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 28 ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes undrained
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves coarsely chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 3 15 ounce cans Bush’s cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cup shredded Fontina cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to boiling; boil gently, uncovered, 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Stir in beans and half the Parmesan. Season to taste with crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Transfer to a 2-qt. rectangular baking dish.
Top with remaining Parmesan and the Fontina. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until beginning to lightly brown around the edges.
Sprinkle with additional rosemary before serving.