Cheesy Meat Enchiladas
Cheesy, meaty, delicious enchiladas with homemade sauce, from Cora Barnes.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 lb. Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cans chopped olives drained
- 1 can diced chilies drained
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Flour tortillas
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. flour
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 cans tomato sauce 6 oz cans
- 2 cans water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar optional, if you like a sweeter sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, add chopped onion and saute for 2-3 minutes/ Add the hamburger; cook until browned. Add the olives and chilies to meat.
Melt 2 T. butter in a sauce pan. Add 1 T. flour and 1 T. chili powder. Cook until bubbly.
Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
Dip flour tortillas in sauce, then put in pan and fill with meat mixture and cheese and roll up. Pour sauce on top and then more cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly. Serve!