Marinated Kale Salad
This Marinated Kale Salad is delicious for holiday entertaining, and delicious with pomegrante seeds for a festive flare.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 pound Tuscan or curly kale stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Ground pepper
- Lemon zest
- Dash of paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 14-ounce can Bush’s Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1. Massage kale with olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, coating all surfaces, about 2 minutes. Let stand at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
2. Rinse onion in a sieve under warm water for 2 minutes. Drain well. Combine onion, lemon zest, pepper, and paprika in a bowl. Combine juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Add juice mixture and chickpeas to softened kale; toss well. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.