SKILLET Mexican Lasagna
Delicious Mexican Lasagna, which tastes just as good served vegetarian! Easy clean up, one-pot meal!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 pound ground beef optional
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz. can Bush’s black beans
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 25 oz. jar marinara sauce I use DeLallo
- 1 package 9 ounces DeLallo Whole Wheat no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese optional
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes, breaking into small pieces; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in tomatoes and beans. In a small bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper.
Return 1 cup meat mixture to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce and half of the noodles, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Repeat layers. Top with remaining marinara sauce.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 18-20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with oregano.