Pasta with Green Olive Tapenade Sauce
Quick easy dinner that takes about 20 minutes. I use DeLallo pasta and I bought the sauce ingredients at Trader Joe’s, but it can be purchased at any grocery store.
- 1 pound dried spaghetti, I use DeLallo
- 1/4 cup salt, plus salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 10 oz. jar green olive tapenade
- 6 oz. red pepper spread, I used Trader Joe’s but you can use any roasted red peppers
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Bring a large stockpot of water to the boil. Add 1/4 cup salt and the pasta; cook according to the package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, place the green olive tapenade and red pepper (spread, or just roasted peppers) in a sauté pan and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta liquid. Transfer the drained pasta to the skillet of olive and pepper mixture, and add the lemon zest, herbs, salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Toss well and add lemon juice and more olive oil to taste. Add a little pasta water if necessary, if the pasta seems dry.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.