Shrimp Sausage Kebabs
Use toothpicks for the skewers – the perfect bite. I use Applegate’s Organic Chicken & Apple Sausage. Cook the shrimp according to package directions (if frozen), and make sure to allow for thawing time.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 5 ″sausage links or precooked sausage of your choice, cut into one-half-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound of medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and cut into one-half-inch cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jar sweet peppers
- Canjun seasoning
- Light sauce or chutney optional
In a large frying pan, melt the butter. Saute the shrimp for about 3 minutes; adding in the sausage to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Cook until the shrimp is opaque. Lightly season with cajun seasoning.
Before serving, place a sausage, shrimp, and one piece of either mango or cherry tomato or sweet pepper.
Repeat process until all skewers are done.
Use a pastry brush or silicone brush to brush kebabs with a light sauce or chutney (optional).
Serve and enjoy!