Bacon-Avocado Griddle Pizzas
Each round of pizza dough (Trader Joe’s) makes 4 pizzas.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 olive oil plus some for brushing
- 1-2 T. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 avocados mashed
- 12 oz. bacon or 8-10 slices precooked bacon
- 6 oz. micro greens or sprouts
- Pizza dough I buy at Trader Joe’s in the refrigerator section
Toss together the tomatoes, shallots, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; set aside.
Mash the avocados, salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat a griddle over high heat (or electric griddle at 400). On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 4 pieces, flattening each piece into a round disk. Stretch (or roll) into a 8-inch round. Brush each side with olive oil.
Cook lightly, brushing the tops with more oil, flipping only once, about 5 minutes on each side, until browned.
Transfer to a cutting board. Top with the mashed avocado, micro greens (or sprouts), and tomato mixture. Crumble and scatter the cooked bacon on top. Serve.