Greek Peasant Salad recipe
Greek Peasant Salad Recipe is made with beautiful vegetables, creamy Feta cheese, Kalamata olives and a simple vinaigrette.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil the better the quality, the better the salad will taste
- 1 large red onion peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 English cucumbers halved lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives cut in half (or more if you love olives)
- 4 ounces block good quality feta cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, and red onion in a large bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumber, fresh herbs, olives, and feta to the bowl.
Pour the olive oil dressing mixed with onions over the veggies, tossing gently to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve!