Berry Barbecue Sauce
This is a great recipe for a sweet and savory barbecue sauce that has a hint of summer berries. It isn’t overly acidic or spicy, but it can be adapted by adding 1 Tbsp of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to brighten it up, or an additional 1 tsp paprika to make it spicier.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup fruit preserves, marionberry, raspberry, cherry, apricot, etc.
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of ground cloves, cinnamon
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy on burgers, chicken, and hot dogs.