Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
Delicious flavors of fall with pumpkin, corn, and beans.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 green or red large bell pepper chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can corn drained (or 2-3 cobs, cooked)
- Toppings: sour cream cheese, cilantro, or green onions (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños, stirring frequently, until tender, 4-5 minutes.
Add turkey and cook until browned. Stir in tomatoes, pumpkin, 1 cup water, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and add beans and corn. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, and fresh cilantro (or finely chopped green onions).