Best Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Make a pot of Best Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe with a hint of pumpkin. Serve with your favorite toppings, a salad, and hot buttered bread!
Serve the easiest BEST EVER Pumpkin Chili recipe with your favorite toppings! Friends, this pumpkin chili is a savory, an easy weeknight meal that you’ll make over and over for your family or friends. My favorite way to serve chili? On an EPIC Chili Dinner Board.
Best Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
If you’re looking for a comfort dish to serve your family (or last-minute guests?), then try my BEST Pumpkin Turkey Chili recipe.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chili
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sweet onion
- Green or red large bell pepper + jalapeño peppers
- Ground turkey
- Diced tomatoes, undrained
- Pumpkin purée
- Garlic powder + chili powder + cumin + cinnamon + sea salt + pepper
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Corn (canned or frozen or fresh)
- Toppings: sour cream, cheese, cilantro, or green onions
A simple recipe to make for fall is a big pot of chili. It’s one of the easiest meals you can make, and perfect for a “fall flavor” is to add pumpkin. It’s optional that you can actually add in cooked chunks of fresh pumpkin.
I love my LeCreuset pots and pans. I have quite a few, and for chili, it’s my big LeCreuset 5 1/2 quart round dutch oven (check out all the cool colors!)
Use your gifts of hospitality
For me, inviting people into my home for a simple meal brings me so much joy. It’s something I absolutely love.
It’s so important to find what brings you joy and serve others through it.
We have all been gifted with unique talents and different ways to love on others. Throughtout the years, I’ve been a part of various meal chains at church. If I couldn’t take a meal, I’d send a food-related gift card.
It’s easy to pop a gift card in the mail.
We can all love on others in different ways – which is such a beautiful thing!
How to make Pumpkin Turkey Chili
- You can use fresh corn (2 cobs) or canned corn. To cook the corn: Boil the water and add the corn; bring back to a boil and cook for 6 minutes. It’s that easy!
- Cook your meat and onions in a big pot; add in the simple ingredients of fresh corn and beans. (Or, open a can of Trader Joe’s corn!)
- What I love about chili is you can add the spices that your family loves. Make it spicy—or not :)
- And always fresh cilantro! (And if you don’t like cilantro, leave it off:) Sour cream and cheese are also great toppings to set out if you have guests coming over.
Happy fall, and new hospitable ways of thinking of others and how you can help or reach out to them!
More chili recipes:
Settlers of Catan Ground Turkey Pepperoncini Chili [thank you, Elliot, for the delicious recipe!],
Easy Chili Mac Recipe [She Wears Many Hats]
End of Summer Chicken Chili Recipe [A Farmgirls Dabbles]
Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green or red large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained (or 2-3 cobs, cooked)
- Toppings: sour cream, cheese, cilantro, or green onions (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños, stirring frequently, until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook until browned. Stir in tomatoes, pumpkin, 1 cup water, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add beans and corn. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, and fresh cilantro (or finely chopped green onions).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.