Leftover Chili Pot Pie
Holiday Leftover Chili Pot Pie is an easy and delicious dinner idea using leftover chili (or your favorite chili recipe) for a quick meal!
Friends, this meal comes together quickly using leftover chili (or make up your favorite recipe), perfect for fall or Halloween! This Holiday Leftover Chili Pot Pie is also great for gameday or a tailgate party!
Holiday Leftover Chili Pot Pie
My chili recipe is the easiest, and the secret is the mango/peach salsa. But guess what? Use whatever salsa is in your pantry!
Ingredients for Chili Pot Pie Recipe
- Make your own chili – ground turkey
- Mexican-stewed tomatoes
- Black beans + Kidney beans
- Peach mango salsa
- Smoked ground cumin + chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Quinoa, cooked
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- Mixed Mexican cheese mixture
- Fresh parsley
Tonight we’re going to our friend’s house and we’ll take turns handing out candy at the door, eating a good assortment of smorgasbord foods that we’ll all be bringing, drinking some good wine or beer, and catching up with our good friends.
9×13 pan chili pot pie
We took this meal to a party years ago. When our kids were all off to college, the parents would get together for Halloween!
Halloween was an excuse for all of us to get together, and our friends hosted the party every year.
Bringing a 9×13 potluck dish to a party is easy, and everyone loves pot pie.
Earlier this week I made a big pot of my Smoked Turkey Mango Chili. Save the leftovers and use it for this recipe!
Did you know you can also freeze leftover chili? I like to measure it out and add to a Ziplock bag (mark on the bag 3 cups, for example). For this recipe you can even add the quinoa and freeze it.
How do you cook quinoa?
It’s easy! I cook it in the rice cooker.
2 cups of quinoa to 3 cups of water. (1:1.5 is the ratio.)
Then I add quinoa to the chili, mix it together, and spread in a 9×13 pan.
Add about 2 cups of cheese on top, but you can add more. It depends on how cheesy you like it.
Pop it in the oven to heat up for about 10 minutes to warm it up.
Then add one sheet of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry to the top (I roll it out on a floured board first).
Baked for another 25 minutes.
What a fun, delicious Chili Pot Pie for a yummy Halloween or falltime meal!
More chili recipe:
Get the Recipe:
Chili Pot Pie
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can Mexican-stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups peach mango salsa
- 2 tsp. smoked ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- ½ pkg Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 3 cups Mixed Mexican cheese mixture, divided
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook ground turkey; strain. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add to a large pot; add in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and spices.
- Heat on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Taste and season to taste.
- Cook quinoa (if using rice cooker, use Brown Rice setting).
- Add quinoa and 1 cup of cheese to chili and mix well. Spread the chili in a 9×13 pan.
- Top the chili/quinoa mixture with remaining 2 cups cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the Puff Pastry sheet and lay on top of the chili and cheese mixture.
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley (sprinkle on top) and serve!