How to Make a Summer Ice Cream Trough Dessert
A giant sundae served in a very large bowl, our "trough," made with ice cream, cake, brownies, whipping cream, and your favorite toppings. Serve with a LOT of spoons!
favorite ice cream - we used French Vanilla and Strawberry Sundae
brownie or cake mix
make ahead and cut into small squares
can Dairy Whipped Topping Spray
Syrups - we used a dark chocolate sauce
peeled and sliced
jar Maraschino Cherries
Any other topping
candy bars, SPRINKLES, etc:
1. Put ice cubes on the bottom.
2. Place plastic wrap on top of the ice cubes.
3. Cut your cake into cubes, or layer it on top of the plastic wrap.
4. Scoop or slice the ice cream on top of the cake.
5. Place plastic wrap over the whole trough and FREEZE until you are ready to use.
6. Right before serving, pull out of the freezer and fill the rest of the container with whipped cream, sliced bananas on the side, cherries on top, or any other toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
on Instagram and hashtag it
Reluctant Entertainer - How to Make a Summer Ice Cream Trough Dessert