How to Make a Summer Ice Cream Trough Dessert
A giant sundae served in a very large bowl, our "trough," made with ice cream, cake, brownies, whipping cream, and your favorite toppings. Serve with a LOT of spoons!
- 6-8 quarts favorite ice cream - we used French Vanilla and Strawberry Sundae
- 1 brownie or cake mix make ahead and cut into small squares
- 1 can Dairy Whipped Topping Spray
- Syrups - we used a dark chocolate sauce
- 4 Bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries drained
- Any other topping candy bars, SPRINKLES, etc:
1. Put ice cubes on the bottom.
2. Place plastic wrap on top of the ice cubes.
3. Cut your cake into cubes, or layer it on top of the plastic wrap.
4. Scoop or slice the ice cream on top of the cake.
5. Place plastic wrap over the whole trough and FREEZE until you are ready to use.
6. Right before serving, pull out of the freezer and fill the rest of the container with whipped cream, sliced bananas on the side, cherries on top, or any other toppings.