Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meat Loaf
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meat Loaf recipe, a pretty presentation of ground turkey meatloaf baked with criss-cropssed bacon in a 9x13 pan.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce divided
- 6 tablespoons ketchup divded
- 12-15 strips of bacon I use Costco’s fully cooked slices
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the red bell pepper, carrot, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce and 3 Tbsp. ketchup; mix well. Place the meat mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (spray with cooking spray first) and, using your hands, form it into a loaf. Mix together remaining 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce and 3 Tbsp. ketchup and spread on top of the meat loaf.
Cover the loaf with the bacon strips, weaving them across the top.
Bake uncovered, until cooked through, about 1 hour. Check it near the end and using a baster, remove the melted fat and juices.
Transfer to a platter and serve!