Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
Toast almonds by laying on a paper towel and microwaving for 1 minute, turning once. Or, toast the sliced almonds under low broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. You can also make your own cabbage mix with green and purple cabbage with a tiny bit of carrots.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 small bags of coleslaw mix about 12 cups
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups toasted sliced almonds or cashews
- 1 1/2 cup dried cranberries I used Orange Cranberries from Trader Joe’s
- 3/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup sesame sticks found in the bulk aisle at grocery store – optional
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 Tbsp. honey or brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Layer the cabbage in a large bowl with chicken, almonds (or cashews, or both), cranberries, red onion, sesame seeds, sesame sticks (optional), and fresh cilantro.
Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
Lightly pour the dressing over the salad mixture, according to how moist you like the salad. Gently toss and serve. (You may have a little dressing left over.)