Blueberry Banana Breakfast Cake
If you run out of fresh, use frozen blueberries!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain yogurt, or sour cream
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch springform pan, and line it with buttered parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, yogurt, and almond extract. Mix well; add in bananas. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, cinnamon, and mix gently by hand.
Gently add in the blueberries and stir; do not over-mix.
Put the batter into the springform pan.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a cake plate; serve!