Asian BBQ Bean Dip
A delicious spin on the traditional taco dip!
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 20 servings
- 1 cup BUSH’s Asian BBQ Beans
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 package 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Sesame rice crackers or tortilla chips
- Lettuce leaves
- Parsley optional
In a large bowl, combine the beans (do not drain), carrot, peanuts, onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Spread evenly into a 12-in. serving dish. Cover with bean mixture; sprinkle with parsley (optional) and drizzle with sauce. Serve with crackers or chips or lettuce leaves.