Apple Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Optional to cook chutney with the 2 whole cinnamon sticks, or add 1/2 stick to each jar (in the center) for flavor. Place in 1/2 pint jars (4) and store for up to 5 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, brown or white
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 12 oz. pkg. cranberries, fresh
- 2 cups Honey Crisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 2 Tbsp. lemon, freshly squeezed
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the apples, onions, and ginger and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice; cool. Remove the cinnamon sticks; cover and chill.