Strawberry Green Salad
A delightful salad recipe from my friend, Luci. Use either spinach or fresh greens. The dressing recipe will make several salads.
- 2 bunches fresh spinach-washed and dried or fresh greens
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Place the spinach in a large bowl. Slice the strawberries and combine with red onion and goat cheese.
Place all of the above dressing ingredients in a blender and blend slowly, while adding the olive oil.
Drizzle over salad mixturen (don’t use all of the dressing unless you have a very large salad), according to the size of your salad; toss and serve immediately.