Very simple lasagna with vegetables and cheese! Perfect for #MeatlessMonday or an impromptu dinner! DeLallo’s Organic Whole Wheat Lasagna noodles are the best in flavor! Since I used what was in my fridge, I used a combo of Jack cheese and Parmesan cheese – Awesome!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 cups baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- Favorite seasoning, I used Italian
- Fresh basil leaves, about 8-12
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese, I used shaved, divided
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese or Jack cheese thinly sliced or shredded
- 9 oz. DeLallo Whole Wheat Lasagna, 15 sheets – no-boil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions for about 3 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring continually. Add the spinach, stir until wilted.
Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add favorite Italian seasoning and season the sauce to taste.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish and place 5 sheets of lasagna noodles on the bottom, overlapping one another. Spread 1 cup of the sauce on top, and sprinkle Jack or Mozzarella cheese (or thinly sliced). Next, lay down about 8-12 fresh basil leaves.
Layer again 5 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and repeat this process.
Place remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake lasagna for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly, about 20 more minutes.
Let lasagna sit for 10 minutes before serving.