Pulled Pork with Black Bean Cornbread Topping
Adapted from Rachael Ray December 2014 magazine. You can cut the “crust” or topping in 1/2 if you want to make it less thick on top.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs 30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 45 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork shoulder ribs, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 onions halved and thinly sliced
- 12 oz. frozen corn cooked and drained
- 1 15 oz. can Bush’s Black Beans
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 6 1/2 ounce box corn muffin mix
- Scallions and more sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large, heavy ovenproof pot or Dutch oven, whisk the first 3 ingredients. Add the pork and onion and bring to a simmer over medium; cover. Roast until the pork is tender, 2 hours. Remove the pot from the oven and increase the heat to 400 degrees . Using 2 forks, shred the pork in the pot.
In a bowl, stir the corn, beans, eggs, honey, and sour cream, then gently fold in the muffin mix. Spoon the batter to cover the pulled pork. Bake, uncovered, until cornbread is golden and tester comes out dry, 30 minutes.