Skinnytaste's Curried Chicken Salad
From The Skinnytaste Cookbook. Gina serves this salad cold on a large romaine lettuce leaf, which adds a nice amount of crunch and stands in for bread. I doubled the recipe and used rotisserie chicken. You can also serve it over a bed of greens or in a whole wheat wrap, which I did. Very tasty!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large sweet apple, peeled and finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup silvered almonds
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup scallions
In a large, heavy nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and cook, stirring utnil golden, 3-4 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium-high, add the chicken, salt, and a pinch of black pepper, and cook stirring frequently, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and let cool.
When cool, add the yogurt, cinnamon, cranberries, apple, almonds, cilantro, and scallions. Toss together to coat.