Caprese Pasta Bake with Fresh Garden Tomatoes
This recipe is made with Delallo pasta and sauce. Chicken is optional. Make sure the pasta is cooked al dente (a little undercooked).
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 16 oz. bag/box whole wheat pasta I used Penne Rigate
- 1 25 oz. jar of tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
- 2-3 medium fresh garden tomatoes
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves chopped
Make pasta according to package directions, making sure it’s cooked al dente; drain. Chop rotisserie chicken and basil and set aside. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
Returned the drained pasta back into the pot, and combine the pasta, tomato sauce, chicken, and half the basil. Satl and pepper to taste. Heat lightly throughout.
Turn the oven on to broil. Place the mixture in a 9×13 greased pan. Add the sliced tomatoes and the sliced cheese.
Broil for about 5-7 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown and is bubbly.
Serve sprinkled with the remaining chopped basil leaves.