Chicken Melon Salad Bowls
Makes 8 large salads. Regular toasted pecans taste yummy, too. You can make your own dressing or use a bottled dressing (we love Briannas Rich Poppy Seed Dressing), but NO dressing is just as delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 small watermelon
- 2 small cantaloupe
- 2 lime
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Spicy Pecans I buy at Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped (+8 leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion Poppyseed Dressing or Briannas Rich Poppy Seed Dressing – optional
Cut the melons in half, removing all seeds. Using a melon baller or small cookie dough scoop, carve out balls of melon and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the melon, chicken, onion, cheese, basil, and nuts. Squeeze the fresh lime over the mixture.
If using a light dressing, such as a sweet (poppyseed) dressing, lightly toss it around the ingredients.
Fill the melon bowls with the chicken mixture, garnishing with fresh basil. Serve!