Chili Pot Pie
Quick and easy–make a new pot of chili, or take leftover chili and make into a pie with a delicious crust!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 3 15 oz. cans Mexican-stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 15 oz. cans Bush’s black beans, drained
- 3 15 oz. cans Bush’s kidney beans, drained
- 4 cups peach mango salsa I use Costco’s brand
- 3 tsp. smoked ground cumin
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 package 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 cups cheese
Cook ground turkey; strain. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add to a large pot; add in the beans, tomatoes, salsa and spices.
Heat on medium high for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Taste and season to taste.
Cook 2 cups of dry quinoa (if using rice cooker, use Brown Rice setting)
Add quinoa to chili. Spread 4-6 cups of the chili in a 9×13 pan.
Top the chili/quinoa mixture with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
Roll out the Puff Pastry sheet and lay on top of the chili and cheese mixture.
Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden.