We have friends who have blessed our family by loaning us their beautiful home a few hours away, in the mountains. It’s been wonderful for our family to get away for quality “face-time,” and our friends may never comprehend the impact that it’s had on our family. Face time is so important, and getting away to a new and different place is inspirational.
Unfortunately, there were a few times when we’d leave to head out of town where I left our house a mess. Dishes in the sink, clutter everywhere. Talk about depressing to come home to! I’m sure many of you can relate. It’s funny because my kids will say, Mom, why do we have to clean before we go? I just remind them, one day when they are an adult with a family – they will know!
Today I want to share a few tips that I’ve learned when leaving town.
How to get your house ready when leaving on vacation
1. No matter how many dishes are loaded, start the dishwasher. Don’t let food sit in the sink.
2. Wipe down the counters (and if you have time the cupboards) with Mrs. Meyers Clean.
3. Do a quick SWEEP and SWIFFER of the kitchen floor.
4. Start in the living room and pick up and organize.
5. Clean off the dining room table and leave a simple centerpiece.
Vacuuming is a luxury, and most times don’t get it done as I’m rushing out the door.
I love walking into the house when I get home and having everything spotless.
It may depend on your personality, if you’re really uptight about coming home to a clean house, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.
How do you get your house ready for vacation?