Day 12. Determination. Pays Off.

Determination.

I admire determination because it usually comes from authenticity.

Being real. Doing what you say you’re going to do. Putting your best foot forward.

Autumn entertaining can be one of the most special times of the year. It’s cooler out, the colors are stunning, everything feels more earthy and real.

It just feels good.

Pull out the ironed napkins.

And get creative.

I saw this idea in a magazine and made it my own.

Take a cupcake pan and fill it with what you need to set a pretty table.

-Candles
-Flowers
-Salt and Pepper Shakers

Don’t forget the blooms or branches from the yard.

-Tie the stems together.
-Place in a canning jar of water.

An Autumn-pretty table.

Determine to have people over this Autumn.

Invite. Prepare. Cook.

Celebrate the season.

It always pays off.

Determination.

Have you made any plans to have guests over this month?

If you’ve missed prior days of this series …
Day 1. Autumn. Gracious Living.
Day 2. Health. Well-Balanced Lifestyle.
Day 3. Entertaining. The Gift of Food.
Day 4. Sunshine. Lemon Bread.
Day 5. Fresh. Mini Bedroom Redux.
Day 6. Heirlooms. Yogurt Berry Parfaits.
Day 7. Harvest. Make Your Own Lasagna.
Day 8. Ambience. Atmosphere of Love.
Day 9. Simplicity. Small Gifts.
Day 10. Neighbors. Acorn Squash Basil Soup.
Day 11. Friends. Fresh Peaches with Crème Fraîche.
Day 12. Determination. Pays Off.

11 Responses to “Day 12. Determination. Pays Off.”

Melinda — September 12, 2012 @ 3:12 am

Sandy I love your creative, but very simple ideas that the most in-creative of us (that would be me!) can do! Thanks for your beautiful series.. I always look forward to it!
    Melinda

Diane — September 12, 2012 @ 5:41 am

Friends are coming over this Saturday. Brisket, twice baked potatoes (brisket cooked last weekend and frozen to reheat, potatoes to be made Friday night and reheated), green beans, a big green salad. Roasted red pepper dip with mini crackers and a baked tomato tart for appetizers. It may be cool enough to have a fire in the fireplace later on – I’m anticipating a rousing game of Cranium.

By *next* autumn I expect to have the patio set up for entertaining :)

Kim — September 12, 2012 @ 6:36 am

I love the muffin tin idea! I am hosting a party this Saturday with my BF at her house. We share the menu, so I have lots to cook/prep in the next few days!

carrian — September 12, 2012 @ 7:01 am

Ok, I’ve totally never thought about using a muffin tin for anything other than muffins and mini foods. Thanks for another fabulous idea!

Laura — September 12, 2012 @ 8:34 am

I love the muffin tin tray! I am having people over, but not friends. A family I’ve never met wants to check out the homeschool curriculum we’re using … they are friends of friends, though!

Julie — September 12, 2012 @ 9:28 am

I am having guests over at the end of October & can’t wait! :) Hoping to do it outdoors too, but will see because I live in KANSAS, might be windy never know! I love your website, just great! Inspiring too!

kim-todays creative blog — September 12, 2012 @ 10:34 am

Sandy, this is exactly what I was thinking about doing with a HUGE antique muffin tin I picked up…….I love it! I didn’t see it in a magazine…….which one, I’d love to peek. Looks beautiful!

Marina@Picnic at Marina — September 12, 2012 @ 11:04 am

Hi Sandy, in the week of chaos, created by power outages last week, I’ve missed quite a few posts! Well, I am determined to visit all I missed. :) This setting is so romantic, you know? There is a beauty in it’s simplicity that makes it very close to my heart… I love napkins, it’s happy color makes me smile… :)

Jill — September 27, 2013 @ 9:50 am

Genius using the cupcake pan!!

1. Pingback: Day 1. Autumn. 30 Days of Autumn Inspiration. | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

2. Pingback: My October Favorite Finds! | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening