Day 13. Togetherness. Salmon & Charred Pineapple Relish.

Togetherness.

Togetherness in Autumn is what I love. Having people in to our home for a casual meal, now that everyone’s back to their school and work routines.

Togetherness is priceless. You can’t buy it, replace it, duplicate it. It’s special in its own way, because each time being with friends or family is so unique.

I wouldn’t ever try to reinvent the evenings when we have company in our home.

Lately, togetherness has been celebrated through my Autumn series, through easy, hospitable ways.

Cooking easy recipes actually inspires and helps me want to reach out and invite.

Complicated, long, tedious ideas scare me away from entertaining.

Honestly, it takes the joy away.

So this Autumn season I’ve come up with several simple recipes using Harry & David’s Charred Pineapple Relish.

I’ve found that by keeping chutneys and relishes stocked in my pantry, I can whip up a menu quickly! (Other H&D pantry items that get used quite often for easy entertaining!)

I served my salmon recipe at this early-Autumn party.

And again at this party.

This time I made black rice with simple, fresh corn (cut off the cob). Butter, salt and pepper … :)

I added a Peach Relish to fresh root vegetables and roasted them to perfection, too. Yum! (You can easily add the Charred Pineapple Chutney to change it up!)

Every time our guests ask what’s on the salmon? Or, what’s on the vegetables?

I’m always happy to share my secrets.

Autumn + sharing.

Togetherness.

Do you ever use Harry & David products such as chutneys and relishes, for dips, appetizers and easy entertaining?

Catch up on my first 12 Days, HERE. :)

(Harry & David provided the jarred products, but they did not pay me to write this post today. As always, all opinions are my own.)

12 Responses to “Day 13. Togetherness. Salmon & Charred Pineapple Relish.”

Lori H — September 13, 2012 @ 5:04 am

I have only used the Pepper and Onion relish. We have a Harry and David store about an hour from here. I need to go stock up! This salmon looks delicious. I am pinning the recipe!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — September 13, 2012 @ 7:06 am

I think salmon that is grilled and paired with something fruity is always the best. This looks delicious – I love the sound of that charred pineapple relish.

bridget {bake at 350} — September 13, 2012 @ 7:49 am

This was SO yummy! I have a jar in my pantry now just waiting for this recipe!!! Yay!

Jen @ Savory Simple — September 13, 2012 @ 10:13 am

What a lovely, cozy dinner!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — September 13, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I adore salmon and this looks scrumptious!

Marina@Picnic at Marina — September 13, 2012 @ 11:01 am

You are so right: togetherness is priceless! Beautiful post, Sandy! Thank you…
    As of recipe, I am the same: if the recipe is too long, I loose the interest. :)

Kim in MD — September 14, 2012 @ 8:26 am

Beautiful post, as always, Sandy! The salmon looks so delicious!

1. Pingback: Day 1. Autumn. 30 Days of Autumn Inspiration. | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

2. Pingback: Day 1. Autumn. Gracious Living. | Living better at 50+| Online Womens Magazine

3. Pingback: Harry and David Gift Basket Giveaway | Aggie's Kitchen

4. Pingback: 10 Essential Tools and Tips for Successful Charcoal Barbecuing | Reluctant Entertainer

5. Pingback: 10 Things (The Harry & David Edition)