How to Make Space for More Dinner Guests and Creamy Mushroom Risotto

Making a kid table | Reluctant Entertainer

What makes entertaining even more lovely and lively is when little kids come!

There are so many options as to where they can sit. I’m sharing a few ideas on how to make space for them, but we try to keep in mind, it’s more fun when the little people can sit with the BIG people at the BIG table (if room).

And remember, the tables don’t have to match or fit perfectly! I love this Watermelon and Corn on the Cob post, as a lovely reminder.

Adding on a table

Ideas on how to make space for more dinner guests:

1. The bar
2. Make your own table and throw a tablecloth, sheet, or towel on top.
3. The piano bench
4. Set a card table.
5. Child-size table.
6. Extend your table with another table.

Use your imagination!

Making a kid table | Reluctant Entertainer

When our friends came for a delicious Rosemary Pork Tenderloin meal, we served a scrumptious risotto with the meal (sadly, no close up pictures). Steph brought the recipe. It was fantastic!

Love her hand-written note. We chose the “make your own table with a beach towel” method!

So Good & Easy

It’s true. This recipe was so good and EASY – it’s company-worthy for sure and a keeper for me!

What’s your quick way to include kids around the table?

9 Responses to “How to Make Space for More Dinner Guests and Creamy Mushroom Risotto”

Cassie | Bake Your Day — April 17, 2013 @ 6:14 am

Mushroom risotto is my #1 favorite dish to make. This sounds amazing!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — April 17, 2013 @ 9:24 am

I have never made mushroom risotto so I think it’s about time I try… thanks for sharing!

Also depending on location, just some good colored blankets on a floor work well for extra seating. It’s homey and I find alot of people find it fun if we’re all together on the floor, either inside or outside.

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — April 17, 2013 @ 11:29 am

Got to try this risotto! I love making the kids feel just as special as the adults when we have a get together, great tips!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — April 17, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

I’d sit anywhere if I had a big bowl of that mushroom risotto!

marly — April 17, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This recipe could easily be vegetarian with a vegetable broth – how yummy! I love your idea of turning tables together like that. We did something like that for easter this year – turned the dining room table and then lined up the two “kids” tables so it looked like one, big long table. It was fun to have us all sitting near each other. Thanks as always for your inspirational posts!

Ha-ha, ho-ho, hee-hee… grabbed that recipe. Thank you very much. Love the beach towel table cloth. So works for me. Cheers!

Paula - bell'alimento — April 17, 2013 @ 4:48 pm

Mushrooms and Risotto = happy happy happy

Aggie — April 18, 2013 @ 10:39 am

I grew up eating at a kids table at our big family parties and it was always fun! My kids love when they get their own kids table with their cousins :) Love the beach towel method – perfect!!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — April 19, 2013 @ 4:43 am

Kids love to feel like a special place has been made for them…sometimes all it takes is a place card with their name on it, and they really don’t care where their seat is! ;)