Old is New Again Broccoli Salad with Raisins
I love how everything old eventually comes back and is cool again. Like trends, fashion, design, and food recipes like Broccoli Salad with Raisins.
We went to Portland a few weeks ago for one of my many birthday celebrations and I was so impressed how my friend Steph’s kids devoured the same broccoli salad that I grew up eating!
Steph has a sort-of retro house, and she definitely knows how to make it relaxing and fun. Her favorite color is orange and the style has a 60’s feel to it. Too fun!
Right after dinner, I walked by and saw her out on the back patio reading to her kids. Couldn’t help but grab my camera.
She has the best kids who eat anything and everything. No pickiness at all! So it’s fun to sit around the table with them, plus they say the cutest things.
Cuteness plus a yummy old-fashioned salad works for me! And by the way, my mom always made this salad.
Which makes it old. But now it’s new again – on RE!
What’s your favorite way to make broccoli salad?
Get the Recipe:
Broccoli Salad with Raisins Recipe
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese chunks, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli pieces, chopped onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...