Buttery Chocolate Almond Bites
Here’s an easy last-minute dessert for your guests to nosh on – Buttery Chocolate Almond Bites, perfect for game day or a weekend snack!
A great snack or last-minute dessert … that kids love! Enjoy these Buttery Chocolate Almond Bites!
I’m so excited, because we’re getting new neighbors who are also very good friends of ours. They’re not directly in our cul-de-sac, but within walking distance in our “hood.”
Since my husband and I went to New York City with our daughter 2 years ago (she played violin at Carnegie Hall with this amazing group of violinists), we’ve been talking about walking more.
Walking is the new summer goal.
We’re so in the habit of getting in the car and driving, even up the street to our favorite restaurant. We walked so much in NYC, our desire was to come home and walk more! To the store, restaurants, and to our friends’ houses.
Walking more is our new summer goal! (Read on to see how the pets can get involved … that’s Haggis, Filly – the Queen of our backyard, and Hobbes, who’s always lurkign in the shadows of Filly.)
5 reasons to walk in your neighborhood:
1. Get out and walk – you’ll meet new neighbors! It’s good to know the people who are living in your area. You never know when you’ll need them, or they’ll need you.
2. Walk with your dog – you’ll meet “pet-minded” people who LOVE to talk about their animals and show them off. It’s good to find something in common with the people in your area, and to get your dog some exercise while you do it!
3. Get to know your established neighbors. You might be able to just drop in for a visit or an evening cocktail, or host them at the last minute yourself. How does walking help you get to know your neighbors? Invite them to walk with you, instead of for a drop-in?
4. Hold hands with the one you are walking with – it just feels right. Exercise and human connection at the same time are a perfect formula for love.
5. Be friendly and say hello as you walk, even when others don’t seem interested. This is a great way to show love, and you could actually offer up good wishes or a little prayer for that person.
Our friends will be walking up to our place, I just know it. And we’ll be walking to theirs. Which, by the way, another way to meet people is to take your pet with your to the store. Here’s Haggis in the Home Depot cart – and he always gets a LOT of attention and people want to stop and chat with him and us!
A few weeks ago we had drop-in guests and I didn’t have anything to nosh on, until I quickly thought of this great combo.
Try this recipe next time you’re in a bind. It’s made with ingredients that are easy to keep on hand, and I promise, you cannot just stop at one bite!
When’s the last time you got out and walked in your neighborhood and met new friends?
Get the Recipe:
Buttery Chocolate Almond Bites
- 1 package butter crackers, such as Ritz
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- Lay the crackers out on a platter. Spread with Nutella and top with a whole almond.
- Lightly salt the bites with sea salt (optional).
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...