Easy Strawberry Lemonade for a Summer Pizza Party
Today I’m sharing entertaining tips that will make you want to host a Summer Pizza Party–ASAP! While DIGIORNO pizza is baking in the oven, make an Easy Strawberry Lemonade, and bring the other elements together for you and your guests to enjoy in no time!
Summer Pizza Party
Friends, I cannot tell you how excited I am for summer! The sun’s out, fun’s out, which means it’s time to take your dinners outside, invite the guests, and keep the cooking simple and easy. Anyone who has ever hosted anything knows that entertaining can be a little stressful when not done right. So today I’m sharing 4 simple entertaining concepts, to help you get your Summer Pizza Party started on the right note!
It’s hard to believe that you can pull an event together in about 20 minutes or less, but you really can, especially with DIGIORNO pizza. While the pizza is baking, set up the serving area and make a quick drink for your guests!
We love serving this pizza, because we trust the ingredients, made with 100% real cheese, and no artificial flavors, and the crust is also preservative-free.
My entertaining idea recently came together quickly, and today I’m sharing all my easy tips!
What to stock in your pantry, fridge, and freezer
Here’s everything you’ll need to create the most FUN summer pizza party, that your guests will love!
- (3) DIGIORNO pizzas (Flavors we love: Italian Style Favorites Chicken Parmesan and Italian Style Favorites
- Meat Trio, or Original Rising Crust Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic for vegetarian lovers.)
- (1-2) Salads in a bag
- 2 cans frozen lemonade
- 2 containers frozen strawberries
- 2 bottles club soda
- Fresh fruit (I served watermelon)
Easy Strawberry Lemonade
While the DIGIORNO pizzas are baking for about 20 minutes, set the table, make a party-favorite beverage, Easy Strawberry Lemonade, add some flowers. BAM! You’re set!
Tips to get the party started:
1. Set the table: When selecting a color and style of table setting, stick with a summer color theme that works for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, other summer parties, something for all people, all ages. A red and white striped plastic tablecloth can be wiped clean, and used again and again. Use white or clear paper or plastic plates, tossing in a touch of red (silverware or paper cups).
2. Showcase flowers from the yard: Take a bucket and snip fresh flowers or herbs from the yard. Bring them back to the table to quickly arrange a small centerpiece, by cutting the stems short, and nestling them into a small vase. I chose daisies, that are in full bloom in our yard right now. Don’t be afraid to ask your neighbor for a few “snips,” if you’re missing the “look” from your own yard, and your neighbors have a few blossoms that would be perfect. Trade them a piece of dessert in exchange!
3. Make a signature party drink: Keeping lemonade and frozen strawberries in the freezer, and club soda stocked in the pantry, means that you can pull a delicious, summery, signature beverage together in less than 5 minutes. In a large beverage jar, add 1 container of frozen lemonade, frozen strawberries, water, club soda or sparkling water. Quickly stir and add ice. You’ve just created the perfect summer drink!
4. Create a comfort zone: Whether you’re out by the pool, under a patio, or out on the lawn, make sure you have enough seating for your guests. Pull chairs together to create an intimate space. Arrange outdoor plants nearby, or a bucket of the flowers you snipped for the table. Make it cozy for your guests to plunk down with a drink, a plate of food, and to relax.
Turn on the oven, set the table, snip the flowers, bake the pizza, add a “salad in a bag” to a pretty bowl, set out some fruit – and make your signature drink!
Then wait for the pizza to be done, and your meal can be accomplished in about 20 minutes or less!
Rising to the occasion with the ease of summer entertaining, hosting a pizza party ensures that you spend more time enjoying your friends, and less time in the kitchen, and stressing about all the details.
And the talk of this party was our guests trying DIGIORNO pizza flavors that were new to them!
Easy Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 12 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups water
- 1 10 ounce package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 quart club soda or sparkling water
- 4 cups ice
- In a large beverage jar, mix together lemonade concentrate and water.
- Stir in strawberries. Add in ice and club soda.
- Stir and serve!
If you’re looking for another simple party idea, customize a pizza with this tasty idea!
This post is sponsored by DIGIORNO pizza, but as always, all opinions are my own. Our family loves DIGIORNO pizza, and have enjoyed it in our home for years!