Fourth of July Easy Chili Dog Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Easy Chili Dog Recipe is perfect for Fourth of July entertaining, or any holiday or summer party!
Friends, it’s hot in Oregon! We’re up to 108 degrees today … and I’m thankful that we have a pool.
I’ve been in our pool more this year than in the last 10 years combined, living in this house. I’m not sure why, but I’ve really been enjoying taking a dip, and swimming in the evenings.
Life is short (and hot), so I’m working hard to stay cool.
Are you ready for the weekend ahead? Are you entertaining for the Fourth of July?
Planning for the Fourth.
I’m making sure we have everything we need for the barbecue months ahead, and plenty of drinks on hand is essential. We’ve found that people love to stop by during the Fourth of July weekend, and in the summer months in general!
Here are 7 tips to planning a Fourth of July party, and don’t forget to enter to win 2 United airline tickets! What a deal!
Our daughter just left for Hawaii with a friend for 16 days, but before she left I asked her to make me a good “chili dog recipe.” We’ve enjoyed cooking together this summer, just in time for her to be leaving me in the fall (sniff-sniff) for college. I will truly miss her!
Easy Chili Dog Recipe.
This Easy Chili Dog Recipe is perfect for the Fourth, if you plan on entertaining a crowd. Double or triple the recipe, barbecue the dogs, set out toppings such as cheese, sour cream, tomatoes—and they will come! Oh, and here’s a few other things you could serve with this dish:
Fresh Raspberry Yogurt Cake (with homemade Vanilla ice cream!)
You can now buy Bush’s Fiesta Black Beans, which makes creating chili recipes really easy!
Cook the bacon, mix in the beans and corn and spices, cook the hot dogs, toast the buns, and make the ultimate chili dog!
We cut thick slices of Tillamook’s Pepper Jack cheese to serve as an option. Scrumptious.
Fourth of July on Pinterest.
There are so many recipe options for the Fourth … burgers, hot dogs, kebabs, salmon (yum!), steak, seafood … the list goes on and on!
Oh, and I have a Fourth of July Pinterest board if you’re looking for a variety of recipes!
Enjoy my friends, and I hope you are staying cool!
What’s on your menu for Fourth of July?
Easy Chili Dog Recipe
- 1/2 pound apple wood smoked bacon
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 21 oz. Bush’s Grilling Beans Black Bean Fiesta
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dried cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pack of 8 hot dogs, we buy Organic all beef hot dogs
- Buns, pack of 8
- Cook the bacon; drain and cool on a paper towel. Cut into small pieces.
- In a large pan, add the tomatoes, corn, and beans; stir. Add in the bacon, cayenne pepper, dried cilantro leaves. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- While chili is cooking, grill or cook the hot dogs on the stove. Toast the buns. Serve together with hot dog on the toasted bun, with a large spoonful or two of chili on top. Garnish with toppings such as cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, more crispy bacon. Serve!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? If you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy! Thanks for being here today!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.