How to Make a Soft Boiled Egg 7-Minute Caprese Breakfast
This post may contain affiliate links.
How to Make a Soft Boiled Egg in a Stylish 7-Minute Caprese Breakfast is the perfect way to start a leisurely vacation day or Sunday morning, with the freshest ingredients.
It was a beautiful southern Oregon, sunny Sunday morning when my husband and I were having coffee and a light breakfast on our back patio this past weekend. We often attend church on Saturday nights, so we can have a relaxed Sunday morning, doing “nothing.” Nothing but enjoying our favorite coffee, a light, healthy breakfast (maybe a little gourmet, which makes it special for Sundays), and nature.
It’s our favorite time of year to enjoy our yard and garden, before the 100+ degree days hit southern Oregon. In fact, I did jump up and grab the camera, because our roses were over-the-top gorgeous. There’s something about a garden and yard early in the morning when it’s fresh with sprinkler-dew, not yet beat down by the hot summer rays.
Welcome to our backyard. Beautiful baby pink climbing roses on our DIY trellis.
The last of the peonies.
Daisies just starting to bloom.
And a delicious healthy breakfast that I’m calling a “7-minute breakfast,” which is rather messy when you set it all out. But, oh, so good!
Messy is fine. Food doesn’t always have to look perfect.
Boil the perfect egg (not the usual 10 minutes, because this breakfast recipe is for a softer cooked egg), and set out with pesto, fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil, and a yummy bread of your choice.
Spread, stack, and serve.
For me, the goal is never perfection, but instead health, beauty, something delicious and tasty, appealing to the eye and delicious to the palate.
Light enough, but with a summer pizzaz, and I’d say, good enough to display and serve to your summer guests! This would be an excellent idea for a brunch or light leisurely breakfast.
What do you look forward to the most about early summer mornings?
Soft Boiled Egg 7-Minute Caprese Breakfast
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 to matoes, sliced
- Baguette bread, sliced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- The secret to a soft-boiled egg is to peel it while hot, running under very cold water while peeling.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Gently drop in the eggs, using a large spoon, all the way to the bottom so they do not break. Bring the water back up to a rapid boil and set timer for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast baguette slices either in the toaster or the oven.
- Add to a large platter sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and chopped basil. Put the 1/2 cup pesto in a small dish on the platter. Add the baguette pieces.
- When the eggs are done cooking, pour off the hot water and run cold water over the eggs for about 5 minutes. Peel each egg, while still very warm, under the cold running water.
- Cut the eggs in half and place on the platter. Serve!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.