Layering Photos & Art on Open Kitchen Shelves
How we decorate our kitchens not only make them attractive and inviting, it can also make them relaxing and a reflection of our style and who we are as a family.
One way to accomplish this is by adding your own photography or art, which adds a personal touch.
We have an open shelf between my kitchen and dining room where I love changing the decor according to the season.
Since it’s almost strawberry season in our area, this time I layered with a piece of art, 2 photos, with an attractive plate that tied in with the color theme.
I love the conversation that it brings when others walk in, because we love to talk about our strawberries (and make yummy desserts to share with others).
Layering tips on open shelves:
– Think of what you love and how you can display it in your kitchen.
– Think of the season.
– Decorate with a theme or a color theme.
– Adding photography or art brings color and texture to the room.
– Think of layering if decorating on shelves.
– Think of what you find interesting and what others may see as unique and inspiring.
I really get bored with the same thing on the shelves month after month, so changing things up gives a stylish, fresh feel.
It makes the kitchen a warm and inviting place where our family and friends can have a good time, and where we share love, conversation, and good food.
Do you ever change your kitchen decor with the change season?