Pear Spinach Smoothie and 5 Tips for Being Your Best
Hey, Friends. Happy Friday! Today I’m sharing a little of my morning routine, including enjoying a Pear Spinach Smoothie after working out. I’m a bit jet lagged, taking it slow here this week, getting back into my work-out routine, and yesterday I updated my “about” page on my blog. I added random things about me, if you’re curious to know more. Not that it’s anything special, but this is the first time I’ve done this :)
I’m thinking a lot about my attitude, to-do list, and getting everything done we before all the kids are home this next week, and we host out-of-town company. Being organized helps me have a better attitude, but even when things don’t fall into place, or my schedule gets changed at the last minute, or my to-do list doesn’t get checked off fast enough, it still comes down to attitude. How I feel inside is dependent on my spiritual awareness, prayer life, what I’m reading, if I’m exercising, eating well, and breathing. I learned a lot about breathing in my yoga class a couple of years ago.
Here are thoughts I jotted down this week, as I considered how I can breathe, relax, and enjoy the holidays ahead, with 5 tips on how to be your very best.
1. Learn to breathe. Take 6 breaths every minute. Inhale for 5 seconds, then exhale for five seconds. Do this 6 times in a minute. Or, go to a yoga class. You will learn how to breathe and relax there and it will change your life!
2. Take care of yourself. Respect your commitments, your schedule, don’t overbook yourself. Get a notebook and write things down to stay organized. Don’t add things in because you want to be “nice.” Pray and think about how it will affect you, your family, your sleep, your exercise. Learn to say no sometimes!
3. You can’t control what others do, but you can control your temperament, your level of calmness. Breathe through the frustrations, pray, and make a change, or hold your tongue.
4. Count your blessings. When things get rough, and don’t go the way you planned (yes, this is life), sit back for a minute and breathe, and give thanks for as many things as you can think of. Be aware, be present in every moment, including in the silence that is golden (at least it is for me).
5. In the scope of the day, think about what you did accomplish, not what is still on your list. Each day is a gift, ordinary or crazy, and we need to have calm, even in the midst of chaos. This is where the peace inside our hearts, starting our day off with visiting God and praying and committing our minutes and hours spent, is forefront on our minds. Being able to say that we’ve done our best, and committing to working on what we haven’t done so well with, remembering that tomorrow is a new day!
I’m a better person when I recharge with good sleep, eat healthy, drink a lot of water, and exercise. When I get in a rut, and just keep doing what I do, even if it’s not working for me, life gets monotonous and I get grumpy.
I love the quote, “We are what we repeatedly do.” So true, and if we make the habit to take care of ourselves, and then love people, our attitude changes drastically.
Pear Spinach Smoothie.
Now for the smoothie! Because it’s pear season, I’m enjoying half of pear in my smoothie every morning, along with spinach and flax seed oil. Don’t peel the pear, the fiber is good for you! And flax oil gives that creamy, fluffy texture that makes a perfect shake!
It’s delicious! After working out, I sit down at my computer and sip on my smoothie!
Enjoy and happy weekend!
What do you do to maintain your “better self” during the holidays?
Pear Spinach Smoothie
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 pear cored, leave skin on
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed oil
- 1 cup water
- Blend together in a blender or Vitamix. Enjoy!
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks being here today, and if you’d like to subscribe to Reluctant Entertainer, to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box, then please add your email, here. It’s really easy!